Friday, August 14, 2009

PAIN IS FAR MORE POWERFUL THAN JOY

If there is one thing life has taught me it is that pain is far more powerful than joy. Think about it. One moment you might be the happiest person alive but just one occurrence of misfortune is enough to tear your life into irreparable shreds. On the other hand you could be the most miserable person on earth and not even the descent of the Almighty will bring warmth into your heart. Then again, if the Almighty did have to come down on earth one shudders to think what peril our planet might be in. Bob Marley’s infamous words: Don’t Worry, Be happy. Inspiring, but no doubt written in the most advanced stage of drugged euphoria. Here again I have reasons to believe that in those precious moments between coming out and going back in into the formerly mentioned drugged stupor, Mr. Marley’s thoughts would be something like; “Oh the pain, the agony!”
What I’m suggesting are not the typical lunacies of a teenage girl going through her adolescence. No. I have logistics to back me up. Simple common sense would do, but the advent of consumerism and the so called public awareness have led people to doubt the wonders of common sense or the lack of it which renders people to think that the use of complicated technical language is directly proportional to the magnitude of the topic discussed. Like here, just now by simple manipulation of the words of the previous sentence I made you believe (at least I think I did) that I was discussing something phenomenally philosophical when in fact I merely pointed out your stupidity in understanding things. Moving on to the real “logistics”, why is it that Christianity is more famous for its war of the Holy Land with the Muslims than for the fact that it is the most practised faith in the world? Why is it that Islam is known for its Jihadi activities and not for the scores of people who have given up vices like gambling and substance abuse due to the fear of the faith? And how come Hitler is not remembered for honing the infamous German precision and the fantastic infrastructure during the reign of the third Reich? Do not misunderstand me; I would never condone his contemptuous atrocities towards the Jews. But again we remember the pain, forget the joy.
These are nothing but random facts compiled to form one of many hypotheses one comes up in his/her lifetime. If I were to write each and every instance where pain triumphs joy, aeons would pass and things wouldn’t have changed a bit. Perhaps they never will. In the meantime, all I can say to you is; don’t worry, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment